Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Surgery is Over

Well I had my surgery yesterday and so far I am doing pretty well.  I had a lot of pain when I first woke up from anesthesia but they gave me medication in my IV that gave me major relief quickly.  Since then I have mostly felt crampy and sore, which ranges from quite mild to fairly uncomfortable, but I have asked for more pain meds when it gets stronger (about every 3-4 hours) and they work quite well.  I have been up walking around doing laps on my hospital floor and it feels good to move. They gave me my first meal a few minutes ago- broth, jello, and lemon flavored water.  I tried a tiny spoonful of the broth but it smelled yucky and I decided against having any more of it.  The jello tastes good and I have had about 3 spoons full, which has felt fine. I have been very fortunate and haven't had much nausea, which is great.  The doctor should be by in a few hours and then I should get to go home. I am a little worried about the pain getting worse at home without the iv meds option but I think it will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment