Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pre-op Diet

I am on day 3 of my required one week pre-op diet. I get 3 protein shakes per day plus unlimited raw or steamed non-starchy vegetables, one small fruit, up to 2 tablespoons of oil or salad dressing, broth and sugar-free liquids.  It has been mostly ok so far except for last night when I had a terrible headache.  My favorite part is that sugar free Popsicles and jello count as liquids, which is nice because they still feel like a treat.  I have two more days of this stage and then the final two days before my surgery are just shakes and liquids, no fruits or veggies.  Not clear to me if I will be used to this by then or I will be ravenous.  Nerves are kicking in about my surgery but so far it hasn't been too overwhelming.  I ran into an acquaintance today who had gastric sleeve surgery two months ago from the same surgeon and she looked fantastic and said she is feeling great.  This is really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment