Friday, June 13, 2014

17 Days Until Surgery

Well folks this is starting to feel quite real!  I've started shopping for my pre and post surgery needs (lots of protein shakes and broth) and I am busy finishing things up at work because I will be out for two weeks as I recover.  Monday I see the surgeon for the pre-op appointment so hopefully I will get a better sense of what to expect.  I got a really funny fortune at the Chinese Restaurant today: "As long as you don't sign up for anything new, you'll do fine."  Not exactly the message I was looking for but I guess getting most of your stomach removed isn't really something "new."

2 comments:

  1. I'm having the sleeve surgery on 6/18. I'll be out of work for a month. I need to go shopping this weekend for all of my post op foods. I'm in the middle of my pre-op liquid diet right now. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Michelle! I hope your pre-op diet is going well- I start mine on Monday. Best of luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete