Friday, May 23, 2014

Protein Shake Reviews

Part of my preparation for surgery has been to try out different protein shakes, which will be my primary nutrition in the week before and a couple of weeks after surgery.  I prefer the ready-to-drink type because it is convenient and they tend to be less clumpy.  Whenever I find a winner, I will share it on this blog in case others might want to try it.  One of my current favorite is the store-brand chocolate "Fitness Protein Shake" sold at Giant supermarkets. It's chocolately, thin and smooth, and has no weird aftertaste.  They cost $5.99 for a 4-pack, which is a great price.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars!



Update- I tried the Ensure High Protein Chocolate shake and it is great- I think it is my new favorite. Very smooth and not chalky. The only downside is the price- $9.99 for a 4-pack at Target (and even more at other stores.) 4 out of 5 stars!
I finally found a non-chocolate shake that I light- Muscle Milk Light in Peach Mango!  Fruit flavor is mild but pleasant, shake is thin and smooth, no aftertaste.  I found it on clearance at Vitamin Shoppe for $1.49.  4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment