Saturday, December 6, 2014

5 months out, 50 pounds down

I can't believe it's already been over 5 months since my surgery. Honestly, most days I can't even tell that I had surgery because I am so adjusted to the new normal. I don't feel the restriction of my new smaller stomach much either, perhaps because it has stretched out some already but also because I naturally serve myself smaller portions now.  In the grand scheme of things, it really is the portion size that is the most significant difference than before surgery.  I still allow myself treats sometimes just like before and mostly that feels right, though I have to fight off the temptation of junky treats (yes, twizzlers, I am talking about you!) and save the calories for the really worthwhile stuff (fresh avocado, high quality dark chocolate.)

I am still losing weight but much more slowly now. It frustrates me but it makes sense intellectually. I would like to lose another 30 pounds, which at this rate will probably take me 6 more months, at least. I never could have lost anywhere close to 51 pounds on my own and so I am hopefully that if I follow the "rules" my surgeon gave me I will get to my goal eventually.  I have a 6-month check up with the surgeon in a couple of weeks and I will get the results of extensive blood work they did recently- I am hoping that will be very affirming and show that I have already improved my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment